PDA

View Full Version : Sorry.... has 2 meanings?

slo-Mo-shun
21-04-08, 11:45
I was telling a friend of mine about the importance of saying sorry during the race if you wreck someone. During the conversation I discovered that I have 2 types of "sorry".

type 1...... I've knocked you off the track and it's totally my fault. Maybe it was a bad attempt to pass or braking to late, whatever the reason, bottom line..... it was "my" fault.
I will say sorry, then pull of the track, waiting for you to pass me.

type 2...... I've knocked you off track but it "was not" my fault. Someone hit me and caused me to hit you.
I will say sorry but will continue racing.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Steve
28-04-08, 20:53
Yes, Slo. I agree with your "sorry" argument.

I have two apology hotkeys. One says just "sorry" and relates to a racing incident and I will continue to race. The other "sorry - please overtake" is used, rarely hopefully, when I am at fault.

Steve

slo-Mo-shun
29-04-08, 01:02
Thanks for the feedback buddy. I was starting to think I was the only one who would stop.
I guess most say sorry and race on.

I was thinking of changing my buttons to read something like
......watch it!.... (gives finger to other driver)......

Hey man I'm joking about that. I wouldn't do that.
(I might "think it"..... but I wouldn't do it);)

** interesting that the 2 guys who think like this are named "Steve"** :clap:

Sol
01-05-08, 05:19
So nice of both of you going the extra mile. No wonder you are two of the best drivers I had the chance to race with. During driving, I usually don't like to get distracted reading all the text ( unless on the straight). But knowing who caused the problem usually helps. For instance, if it was any of you or the usual friends we race against often, I would not mind at all being bumped for I know is would not be on purpose. I try to say sorry when I mess up the race, but not always instantly ( I need to set a hot key yet). I do however try hard to identify wreckers. You guys make it possible!
See ya at the races,
Sol:heheh

Henry
01-05-08, 10:33
i have only one "sorry", but i'm waiting if it was only my mistake.

Pelle_B
02-05-08, 23:17
I have two apology hotkeys. One says just "sorry" and relates to a racing incident and I will continue to race. The other "sorry - please overtake"I would like to have this buttons to, but i try ower the wheels and find the keyboard and just write 'SRY' :)