PDA

View Full Version : Ctd

Pelle_B
02-12-09, 06:49
Really fun to run against you, NRJ & Robert in PnG2...until CTD :eek:
...When I would join the server again I got a black screen & now nothing works :mad:

Coming back with a picture of my screen, but now lacks PC memory & can not open image :rolleyes:

Navin R Johnson
02-12-09, 07:02
Yup that's what PnG does when you mix GTR2 with it... U will have to do a stand alone install of PnG... It sucks but I would just start all over... fresh GTR2... that one will be used for the PnG as the a stand alone... Then another GTR2 to use as GTR2... 3 installs... fun;)

Was great seeing you Pelle.. Must get that stuff installed soon.:thumbup:

Pelle_B
02-12-09, 07:11
It sucks but I would just start all over...Yes...Luckily I have not setup's & not driven much in GTR2 & PNG, a new installation will certainly be in Windows 7 :shades
...I'm glad it is not my GTL installation which went down ;)

Navin R Johnson
02-12-09, 07:29
Really fun to run against you, NRJ & Robert in PnG2...until CTD :eek:
...When I would join the server again I got a black screen & now nothing works :mad:

Coming back with a picture of my screen, but now lacks PC memory & can not open image :rolleyes:

Yup, yup that is what happens to PnG when it becomes unstable.. I had that happen 2 times before I realized I needed to do a stand alone GTR2/PnG combo... So you need to do a fresh install of GTR2..With all the updates and patches.. Start game... Create you ID and join Multiplayer once.. Then install PnG directing it to use the new version of GTR2 that use just installed as it's base files.. Make sure when it asks you to choose option #2 "Slim down exisiting GTR2 installtion and want to use it for P&G ONLY" (Stand alone) install...After that do the patches PnG needs and it should be good to go.. Make sure you do not add any mods or anything else to the base GTR2 files that are being used for PnG.. Must be a clean unmodified install and stay that way or PnG will become unstable and you will get that error and black screen of death again..Now you can do another install of GTR2 with all the updates patches. That one will be used for playing GTR2 and installing any mods. It's a pain, but it will be well worth it:thumbup: Robert and I are going to be doing a ton of PnG this weekend so it would be great if you could join:yeah:

And or just follow this..Nice work Henry:thumbup:
http://www.gtlegends.dk/GTLDK/showthread.php?t=235

Henry
02-12-09, 08:43
right punishment for guys who doesn't read installation guides:p

Pelle_B
02-12-09, 20:02
right punishment for guys who doesn't read installation guides:pI followed these instructions, except in this picture where I chose #1 which meant that I had a GTR2 & PNG could be used.

http://www.gtlegends.dk/GTLDK/attachment.php?attachmentid=824&d=1230291872

... but as I said, it's not much I have run in GTR2.
I think my GTR2 was smashed with PNG 2.1 update :think:

Pelle_B
02-12-09, 21:47
Now I tried to install GTR2 in Windows 7 x64 & everything goes wrong :doh:
Who has an installation guide to GTR2 in Win7 :uhm:
Here is exactly how I tried:
GTR2 in DVD drive & install
GTR2 update 1.1 (US update?)
GTR2_OFP (Lobby fix)

First time GTR2 booted selected screen resolution, but will not start up GTR2 :confused:
C\GTR2 - choose 'GTR2Config' Here is remembered options (see pic 1440x900)
C\GTR2 - & Choose GTR2exe...& will now have the solution again :rolleyes: (see pic 800x600)

GTR2 DVD is in the drive all the time :crycloth:

Navin R Johnson
02-12-09, 22:55
I can hardly see the pictures(too small) but you are saying even when using GTR2exe it goes to the GTR2config again? And then after choosing an option it will not start up? :think::confused:WTH:(

Henry
02-12-09, 23:29
I followed these instructions, except in this picture where I chose #1 which meant that I had a GTR2 & PNG could be used.

http://www.gtlegends.dk/GTLDK/attachment.php?attachmentid=824&d=1230291872

... but as I said, it's not much I have run in GTR2.
I think my GTR2 was smashed with PNG 2.1 update :think:
uhh, then i take all back:o

Pelle_B
02-12-09, 23:57
I can hardly see the pictures(too small) but you are saying even when using GTR2exe it goes to the GTR2config again? And then after choosing an option it will not start up? :think::confused:WTH:(No, it will constantly continue to pop up with the screen resolution :confused: Ooh I see, upload pics in png format is no good.

uhh, then i take all back:ohehe Henry, but you might not know I had an installation #1 :wink1

Now it is a little better with GTR2... but I had to use illegal help :shades
Thought maybe it was because I used a U.S. 1.1 update & downloaded the European version...unfortunately with the same result :tears
Looking at Game Burn World (http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/gtr2.shtml) & downloaded v1.1 NoDVD English...Now it works :yeah:
...the only problem right now is...I can't remember my password to Lobby :doh:

Pelle_B
03-12-09, 02:09
YES - Where am I good...GTR2 works Online :yeah:
Finally, the re-registration went through with new password.
Strangely, I had to use cheats (noDVD) to escape being 'Booted as possible cheat'. :rolleyes:

Navin R Johnson
04-12-09, 06:43
YES - Where am I good...GTR2 works Online :yeah:
Finally, the re-registration went through with new password.
Strangely, I had to use cheats (noDVD) to escape being 'Booted as possible cheat'. :rolleyes:

Good deal Pelle:thumbup: Weird that the noDVD saved you from the booted thing..:think: Computers can really be an enigma sometimes... :confused: