PDA

View Full Version : The Big disillusioment :((

Frank Szintai
07-05-08, 02:28
The Donington Park Gp racing this day.Too many good man racing : Pelle , Denis & more "GOD"... I`m driving the 1st place Pelle 2nd closely behind me. Another drivers: Carlos cut the last shikane dont look the blue flag & crash Pelle car. I`m at once quit the race & writing message :" Carlos wrecker , cut track & crash Pelle car" . Not good, the "GOD" `s no writing & dont boot this man. The "GOD" dont only as much as that writing the /nextsession or /nextevent guys! This very big disillusioment server "GOD" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Frank Szintai
07-05-08, 02:47
:eek

Henry
07-05-08, 09:41
:think:
no good news.
it's also a problem, that some "Gods" are rarely on the server.

many hours per day no God is online and it's impossible to drive a clean race, because the most Gods came at the same time on the server.

Sol
07-05-08, 16:21
True Henry, not always a God is present at the server. I tried to balance this and added (twice) friend Eduardo Martins who usually play very late at night.
Also added Steve ( England, doing great job), JB ( late player now removed by himself), Jan Nizzi (plays anytime) Frank Zintai ( someone removed him recently) and Jacko. Not long ago Jacko was removed and now is back in. Even Denis and Robert were removed recently and I had to reinstate them. I see Rennsemmel ocasionally but he is not shy and will kick at once if needed. The problem is that there is room for only ten Gods but we have to make sure the server is "protected" around the clock. Slo, Robert and myself are on the same time zone, but we can pop up at anytime. Perhaps we should put it to vote what new God will be added to the list, or rotate this privilege if we must. But Frank is right, we need tough hands while been on the list if we want to keep the server clean.:confused:

Robert
07-05-08, 20:35
Yo Bud, Shoot this all must have happen after I left you. Damn :mad: Im so sorry to hear all this after we all have worked so hard at keeping thigs clean. Seriously ? why is it always some putzzzz in a faster car who has no idea how to drive or manage that type of power. Here's a Question for you guys. Why isnt Pelle on the gods list? I mean sure he's not very fast and he has funny hair but I think he'd make a fantastic god.:heheh Just kiddding pelle:D Your hairs not funny. Anyways, I'll try my best to do all i can 2 make things fun for everyone.....God Bless u all

Henry
07-05-08, 20:49
Yo Bud, Shoot this all must have happen after I left you. Damn :mad: Im so sorry to hear all this after we all have worked so hard at keeping thigs clean. Seriously ? why is it always some putzzzz in a faster car who has no idea how to drive or manage that type of power. Here's a Question for you guys. Why isnt Pelle on the gods list? I mean sure he's not very fast and he has funny hair but I think he'd make a fantastic god.:heheh Just kiddding pelle:D Your hairs not funny. Anyways, I'll try my best to do all i can 2 make things fun for everyone.....God Bless u all

:heheh
very good robert. have the most important reason, which pelle qualify for god:

he has a cupholder :rofl1

Sol
07-05-08, 22:15
Graciously, Slo and ed77 have offered their spot so Pelle can be on it. Although not my call, since they both wrote to me privately, I will take care of this problem ASAP. I believe Pelle was on the list some time ago. I rather remove myself from the list before Slo is out of it.:tears No need for apologies here lol. Thx Slo & Ed77
See ya all soon!

Steve
07-05-08, 23:02
Frank, yes, i had my suspicions about Carlos a few days ago - brief moments of "brilliance?" then you've been bumped and are fighting to stay on the track. On the occasion that happened to me I gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, it was obviously not a one-off event and he should, quite rightly, be on the list until he improves his game elsewhere.

Sol - I agree with your idea of taking a closer look at the time zones our current Gods cover to ensure we have as close to 24hr cover as possible. I can remember the time when not a God and there were no other Gods around and we had a wrecker who i am sure put off several newcomers from rejoining RDD.
I would be happy to list my usual online times if this helps.

dl920
08-05-08, 02:26
sorry for what happen last nite Frank i wasnt a where of incident till after race.I sometimes turn off in car chat during race and last nite was the case
feel bad for not responding. from now on I will leave chat on.
:o

Sol
08-05-08, 04:20
Perhaps the number can be increased to 15. Anybody knows?

Sol
09-05-08, 17:46
:eek

I looked at the replay. Carlos was taking shortcuts trying to keep up with Frank and Pelle. He went from 7th or 8th to 1st with this "cut" lol. Too bad because the race was going very well. Flash then took 1st place. I don't know what's wrong with Carlos, sometimes he plays clean sometimes he doesn't. Maybe it has to do with the moon. I have learned that by booting a wrecker with persistence sometimes leads to "reform" like the case of CJ who kept his promise to behave. On the other hand his friend (I think his name was Ukki) never kept it. Overtime, RRD has been a good place to play and will continue to be good as long as the wreckers learn about our zero tolerance for them, instantly.:rule:

PS: Slo was not there. It appears nobody proposed the "Kick" of Carlos.

Pelle_B
15-05-08, 13:14
Big Thx Sol, I'm now on the godlist on RDD ;)

I'll of course do my best to keep RDD free for wreckers, but it sets you in a difficult situation. We are many that knows each other really good where there won't accur any problems, but we most not forget that RDD is an amateur server, where new people to GTL joins. Therefore it's important not to set a newbie whos trying to do their best, as a wrecker :think:

Sol
15-05-08, 16:10
Big Thx Sol, I'm now on the godlist on RDD ;)

I'll of course do my best to keep RDD free for wreckers, but it sets you in a difficult situation. We are many that knows each other really good where there won't accur any problems, but we most not forget that RDD is an amateur server, where new people to GTL joins. Therefore it's important not to set a newbie whos trying to do their best, as a wrecker :think:

True a new driver will make a lot of mistakes. Experienced drivers make them too but we should expect at least say a sorry. We should be patient, but the sooner a wrecker ( does wrecking on purpose) learns we don't tolerate that behavior the better and will either be respectful or go play somewhere else.
An accident in turn 1 is probably a mistake but if you are taken out at full speed in last turn probably is not. Everybody wants to finish the race....:(

Pelle_B
15-05-08, 16:58
Help me with this, if it can be misunderstood???
RDD is an amateur serverI mean RDD server is setup to 'amateur' with 'Tyre Wear 2x'.

Yes Sol: This is of course easy to see if a new driver tries he's best or he just drives the wrong way around to make crashes...or like Carlos ;)

I also want to know about this one, and I take Mucke some exemple:
Every time he were in conflict with someone you just hear this: Asshole
...and you never hear 'Sry' from people like him.
Can we 'kick' players with a bad tone too? I mean, to hear talk like this in a race, is simple awfull.
Mucke, I think has understood not to come with these expressions, he didn't do this last time I was on the RDD server with him.

slo-Mo-shun
15-05-08, 19:11
If he's been told to watch his mouth and continues to swear,well....... BAM...he's gone!

Crashes/wrecks...... like someone said, we can pretty much tell if the guy did it on purpose or it was an accident.
I've had to smile here the last week or so. When some of us admins have had no patience with a guy, there has been another admin willing to chill the guy out. ( talk to him & tell him what he needs to do to race with us.) I really give us a high grade when it comes to patience and helpfulness.
Some guys like CJ have improved so much I wish the kid would come back now.:)

I'm in there almost every morning (0300 here.... 1200 afternoon European time) so I see some people you guys don't. Their a pretty good group and I very seldom have to use.... "BAM".;)
note; getting people to vote is like pulling teeth sometimes.:(

Tire wear x2.... yeah this could surprise some newbie who is wondering why his car is sliding off the track after 4 or 5laps. Hmmmm that didn't happen before he's thinking. But I like it because it gives us a different driving line and all because the tires are going out.
(and that Cobra burns'em up damn fast too)

Everybody wants to finish the race....
And here's my biggest complaint......
Going to "/nextevent" while there are people still trying to finish the race.
Many of you have seen me waiting for the winners at the finish line. I won't drive the last lap if I'm to far back to catch the next guy. Why?
It's not that I'm that lazy ;) , it's that I don't want to get mad if someone kills the race and moves to the next track before I finish. I've had it done to me many times.:(
What does that say to the newbie?
As long as the guy is making an honest effort to finish and not f'ing around like doing donuts let the dude finish. I mean no disrespect to anyone here. Just my thoughts.:D

Sol
16-05-08, 17:09
It's great too see drivers "get the message" quickly Pelle. Thanks to your presence and warnings disrespectful drivers will hopefully reform-and appreciate- your care ( be read Control of the server) very soon. Foul language has to be fought as hard as wrecking, I think, if our overall experience is to be a positive one. As Slo mentioned CJ, I remembered his erratic driving style and his Hotkey "Stupid///////////////////////////////////" or something to that effect. My suggestion to him was to change the hot key for a "sorry" key, but he never did. Being hopeless, after lots of automatic "kicks", I decided to let him drink of his own water and created a new driver, A112. This new driver was the Wrecker of Wreckers and boy did I have fun..... Players like CJ, Ukki, PlayerNameNeverUsed, Mano, etc. had a hard time with A112. Most of them never returned to RDD. CJ, however, not finding any better place to play, and after being banned in other servers decided to change, and he did. From that point on he drove clean- and got faster and faster to the point that it was fun to play with CJ. He got serious about GTL fun.

Again, for the sake of everybody's fun Adm. have to be tough. I see it as a responsability even if your ranking diminishes in popularity. A warning for bad driving or foul language will only be ignored until they found themselves in the lobby wondering what happened........:confused:

Slo taught me to check the drivers window to make sure everybody crossed the finish line before moving on to the next race but I have to admit I though he only wanted to see the checkered flag drop lol and say "Congratulations" before the end of the race. Great to have Slo onboard:clap: and he is absolutely right. Last Friendship race I was so far back I barely crossed the finish line when I found myself in the Lobby not having a chance to read the post race comments, etc. It made me think that is the back drivers that allow you to take a 1st, 2nd, or watever place you end up getting, and they too deserve to input their experience. To end my comment I want to say that It just have to be fun for everybody, therefore, Adm. must use their judment to make it so.....:)

Robert
17-05-08, 23:28
Monza today with Petty:tears I mean wtf? Id post a replay but I dont know how. Can somebody plzzz do something about this guy? What is it going 2 take for u people 2 see? Im asking plzzzzz help. Trust me I know this is just a sim I get it!!!! However, Iv spent countless hours of seat time in real cars real tracks and I can tell you that this guy petty would be banned from most track in America. I dont know if anyone has the replay but trust me look for yourself. Its almost not fun anymore.

Pelle_B
17-05-08, 23:42
To post a replay:
(C:\GTL\ReplayData) and...:zip:...the Replay you want to upload here ;)

Robert
18-05-08, 03:06
Can get it 2 upload. Just thought somebody had it:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Pelle_B
18-05-08, 05:06
Robert, here is your Monza GP Replay :wink1