PDA

View Full Version : who never dreamed to be god ?

Götz-von-Berlichingen
14-06-08, 16:45
I read a thread - but i c´ant find it any more, that the number of gods are limited. Why is it impossible to create 2 or 3 files with the godlists each list for a certain daytime. This afternoon the server was full - not 1 wrecker - all good and fair drivers and impossible to switch to the next event. We made 3 times Imola (my worst track) and then it worked. Maybe there were language problems - i don´t know.

In the evening there is no problem - i´ve never seen a full server without god.

I would like to be a "afternoon-god"

Sol
15-06-08, 17:46
Yes Gotz we talked about this issue not long ago. Steve suggested posting his usual times at the server if it could help with around the clock set up of the gods. Not a bad idea. One possible solution to the problem could be leaving one or two "floating" gods ( temporary) until we figure the cycle is complete. At the moment Jan Nizzi is absent due to health issues and in his place I added Frank Szina who is also absent for about three weeks due to work but they will be back soon, and indeed the maximun number is 10. From the beginning of the Listener the gods in the list are: Rennsemmel, Slo, Denis,robert, Steve and myself. Also, on and off Macdonalds, JB, Jan, Cosworth, Eduardo, Jacko, Frank, Pelle, Mike32, Iceman and Ed77 and a few others I don't remember right now.

Perhaps we should appoint gods as we go since the "regular" gods can be reappointed any time, as long as the new gods don't replace quickly the old ones as we have seen. It is a problem to replace a driver you know is a regular ( not a weekend player) that have worked hard at keeping the server clean for almost one year. RDD is today a good place to play due to their hard work.

I propose the following for all drivers to consider and feedback at this forum:

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server.....

Sol
15-06-08, 23:50
Ok Gotz. Slo has graciously offered his spot on the list due to shifting playing times. The only thing I ask is that you write your name with the O like above, so we can proceed.

Götz-von-Berlichingen
16-06-08, 09:06
Sol, i understand and i will change my name in Gotz-von-Berlichingen. My usual time on the server is beetween 16:00 and 21:00 German Time. (= GMT+1:00h). Maybe earlier at the weekend. Depends if somebody is playing and after 3-4 races i leave. I am not a fanatic player but regular every day about 1h.

Ok Gotz. Slo has graciously offered his spot on the list due to shifting playing times. The only thing I ask is that you write your name with the O like above, so we can proceed

thanks Slo,

I know "the listener" and the command list

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server

but I can´t imagine how this will work. You certainly will have some instructions ?

I speak better french then english, yesterday we had a french driver (mimi...?), Robert advertised him, after my translation he understood to brake earlier and to take care and it was okay.

thanks for your time, it is a pleasure to play on the server.

slo-Mo-shun
17-06-08, 17:54
@Gotz... your welcome my friend. I don't game much in the summer and certainly not everyday. You'll do good buddy:)

Götz-von-Berlichingen
18-06-08, 10:17
@ slo... : I´ll try my very best.

I propose the following for all drivers to consider and feedback at this forum:

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server..

this would be perfect, yesterday evening the same as last saturday, full server, no god, a lot of good drivers (cosworth..., iceman, i don´t remenber all) 2 bad drivers, but no problem after some advertising.

But i can´t imagine how this will work. For example if i would have been god yesterday evening and i leave the game knowing that cosworth will stay i can add a server´s god (cosworth) with the \GRANTGOD [] command. But the list ist limited to 10 gods so i must remove another god.

Must be a temporary godlist, which will be deleted after each restart of the server. After the restart the "normal " godlist with the "untouchables" is active again ?

I changed my name in "Gotz-von-Berlichingen"

Sol
18-06-08, 16:02
Hi Gotz. I will add your name to the list now. Let me know if you have any problems with the commands. Welcome!

PS The proposal to leave one floating god will remain in stand by as the idea lacks support. See ya at the races.
Sol

eD77
18-06-08, 17:41
Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server..we can try this resolution and look if it works. so we need a list of "temporary" members so it is clear who can be deleted from list for a new god without taking it personally. better is if we know the fixed gods who should stay gods.
there´re a lot of fair and good drivers on rdd who can became gods for a clean race, so myself it is not necessary to see my name in the list as there is a god at all...

regards

Götz-von-Berlichingen
18-06-08, 20:00
Thanks Sol, i´ve seen this evening that i´m on the list.

Götz-von-Berlichingen
19-06-08, 09:11
there´re a lot of fair and good drivers on rdd who can became gods for a clean race, so myself it is not necessary to see my name in the list as there is a god at all...

I think this is the most important, to have a god on the server when its racing time.

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment,

We should try this, all ex-gods (or temporary gods of the list above) should know the command-list. All players with experience on RDD know the important commands.

Sol
19-06-08, 15:45
Right on guys. Glad it works Gotz. eD Like Slo did, this is not to be taken personally. All for the sake of the sever. If all agreee, any god could be removed, then back on the list later..... We all know each other.

There is another option: Stop the Listener if you have to. I did it once but the problem is I don't know how to restart it. It took one day without it and I guess the server had to re- boot as there are no commands for this.:confused:

Götz-von-Berlichingen
19-06-08, 16:51
okay Sol, this afternoon i put cosworth on the list - he is a ex-god and i asked him if he would stay a while - because i had to go. I took ed77 away.
Tomorrow morning i will look on the list and make it as it was before. (i will put again ed77 and take cosworth away) This is not a problem, the playing-machine is where i´m working and I have prepared the lists - copy and paste is working for the chatline. Will be fast done.

Cosworth_DFV
19-06-08, 18:45
ok, i was god for about 3 hours. people were very clean and fast so i even didnt kick anyone :rolleyes: i left the server for two minutes just to save replay and than saw that slo is in. so i think he can keep it clean without my help ;)

slo-Mo-shun
19-06-08, 19:35
slo, reporting in.....
Only one guy was in the server when I left. Didn'y know him so didn't make him a server God.
Couldn't stay longer due to the German-Portugal futbol match.:)

Sol
20-06-08, 05:01
Lol guys it looks like the plan works. Thanks Gotz, Cosworth and Slo for beeing real team players..
See ya at the track !:heheh

Götz-von-Berlichingen
20-06-08, 08:41
the god-list is as it was before, if I replace a god (of the main-list) by another, i will put him back the next day. In the moment i would not take slo out, he is nearly every day here, i took ed77 (he is in again), because i didn´t see him the last weeks and because he said it is okay.

@ slo.....
i think it is no problem to put an ex-god (like cosworth) on the temporary list. And if there is a time without god..... it is a game....

slo-Mo-shun
20-06-08, 09:40
@ slo.....
i think it is no problem to put an ex-god (like cosworth) on the temporary list. And if there is a time without god..... it is a game....

My thoughts exactly. Unless the server is getting torn-up by wreckers when we're not there I don't see the reason for all the excitment.
I don't read the log so I don't know if that is the case or not.
Compared to what I was seeing 6 months ago I think the server has improved a whole lot.
People are understanding the server is not joke. It's not a playground for the wreckers anymore. They see the admins are serious about making it a friendly place to race.:clap:

Götz-von-Berlichingen
22-06-08, 19:48
I´m not really satisfied by this solution, today i put frank szi.... on the god-list (i had to take off ed77), because i left the game, i knew that he was on the godlist before. 2 hours later i came back and ed77 came in the game too, so i took away slo and put ed77 in the list again. Then slo entered the game and i had to leave. So i took away again Frank and I put slo on the list again.

We need more temporary gods. I sent Rennsemmel a email to look at this threat. (i didn´t see him since weeks) and i said to Frank to have a look here to be uptodate.

All gods should know how to replace a temporary god by another when they leave the game.

My suggestion: (if possible) When the servers reboots (1/day ?) there can be a godlist loaded by default. This "default" - list can be changed when a god of the list says that he will play less in the future ore be in holidays or for other reasons.

For the moment it is no problem for me to look at the list in the morning after races and to change it as it was (if i had changed a god the day before)

One is sure: RDD is at the moment the server with the fairest races. Most of the players know this and have a lot of fun.

Rennsemmel
22-06-08, 23:36
hi racemaniacs, and sorry for leaving you alone on RDD. i have to do a bit more privat stuff at the moment . . . yes believe it "Rennsemmel" has a real life:)

I agree with Goetz, and think the suggest with the default list after rebooting is the best compromise for all keepers of good behave :naughty on RDD

greetings from the prospective european soccer champion :heheh

Cosworth_DFV
25-06-08, 20:21
Hi. Please dont put me to the godlist anymore. I have direct access to the server and i can manage it without being god :shades

Götz-von-Berlichingen
26-06-08, 06:48
good to know and now i see a little bit clearer why the Server is called Russion DD. (Київ/Kyjiw) :confused: (but Ukraine is not in Russia !?)

Cosworth_DFV
26-06-08, 14:28
Acsualy server is in Netherlands. Mcdonalds is host. I just use VNC viewer to have access to his computer.

Götz-von-Berlichingen
21-07-08, 13:22
yesterday i saw that you installed another tracklist. Did you also install another godlist ?

the last was:
SERVER: Rennsemmel
SERVER: DENIS
SERVER: Sol
SERVER: Robert
SERVER: Jacko
SERVER: ed77
SERVER: Pelle Buchner
SERVER: slo
SERVER: Gotz-von-Berlichingen
SERVER: Steve

actually there is no god online in the afternoon

Cosworth_DFV
21-07-08, 15:26
I didnt touch godlist - noneed for me coz i can manage server by myself. :shades

Götz-von-Berlichingen
21-07-08, 15:52
but who is the Manager of this Godlist. I don´t think that he is uptodate:

Here the list of gods that I´ve seen the last weeks nearly daily:
Robert
slo
jacko
Gotz-von-Berlichingen

not on the list but on the server:
cosworth_dsv
mcdonald

about 1time/week to 1/month

Rennsemmel
ed77
Sol
Steve

i will be in south europe for work from 10th of august for 5 weeks, then i can´t play - no need to be on the list during this time

Cosworth_DFV
21-07-08, 16:07
I dont see problem here. Any GOD can edit godlist as he want. We have few people who's playing on RDD every day. So server is under controll i think:think:

Götz-von-Berlichingen
22-07-08, 15:48
this is the second afternoon with a godless server, would be nice to see me on the list again.

Cosworth_DFV
22-07-08, 17:22
You are already there Gotz;)
And i added ICEMAN - fast and fair driver who is racing on RDD every day.

Ghoul
23-07-08, 21:11
Hope I can be a god soon if there is any slots open or gods needed.

Sol
28-08-08, 14:53
Hi guys. I am very busy lately and cannot play regularly. If anyone is
interested in my spot feel welcome to use it. Have fun!:)

Kihutaja
28-08-08, 19:36
Hi, Sol! Great to see you after such a long time:)

How to become a GOD in RDD? I'm driving there every day

Cosworth_DFV
28-08-08, 21:11
Wellcome to the Godlist Lembit ;)

Kihutaja
28-08-08, 21:27
Thank you very much:D

Sol
29-08-08, 02:33
Welcome Lembit and thanks Cosworth. See you guys later!:)

Cosworth_DFV
29-08-08, 15:03
And please dont remove SpMan from the godlist! I added hin few times, but someone is removing him all the the time. He is the only russian drunk driver, who's racing so aerly.;)

Cosworth_DFV
29-08-08, 16:49
We all want LOL. ok, we have one empty slot so its possible. sry your online name is too long and difficult for me. Can you remind it?

Cosworth_DFV
29-08-08, 19:39
Game name is Randy :heheh

Oh, than i hope you will sorry me for that funny accident in monza if i will add you :)

Sol
17-09-08, 03:02
I was playing tonight with Denis and Eduardo and could not change tracks. I will start playing often again and WANT TO BE BACK ON THE LIST PLEASE, so at least one of us will have control at this time of the day. Any offers?
Thx.:naughty

Sol

Götz-von-Berlichingen
17-09-08, 09:11
np Sol, any God can take me away and put you on the list, I have no time to play in the afternoon, and in the evening when i am in the game there is normaly a god in the game.

Sol
18-09-08, 14:25
Thx Gotz. Looking forward to it.
Cu

Cosworth_DFV
18-09-08, 19:03
ok Sol, i added you ;)

Sol
19-09-08, 02:08
Thx Cos.

Henry
24-11-08, 22:21
have read, that ed is no longer a god, but he drives more often at RDD as me. so you should delete me instead of ed77.

slo-Mo-shun
24-11-08, 23:54
I just came from the server.
eD is on the list.
laci is gone but endy is now there.

Götz-von-Berlichingen
25-11-08, 04:54
ok, that´s what Endy told me, i couldn´t verify ....

eD77
25-11-08, 10:52
hi!

oh no, i´m on the list since several months. there´s no problem.
it was me who put laci out and Endy on the list. he´s a fast and fair driver, a friend of laci, and he is also quite often on RDD.