Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

@ Pelle: what about a sim-lap in a Volvo 360? (sry,a little off-topic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGRyEf-M7M

@ slo: originaly the strongest corsa a has a 1,6 liter 8valves engine with 101 bhp.the 2 liter 16valves engine is taken from a opel kadett gsi (as also the brakes).this engine was very popular. the F3 engine dominated the series in the 90s was builded from this engine and did near 200 bhp with an air-restrictor of 26mm diameter. not bad for a restricted, naturally-aspirated engine

...and Rob, would like to see cars you got the last years!!!

Yeah eD77, Volvo in GTL...link for download???
    Quote Originally Posted by slo-Mo-shun View Post
    Nice rides Pelle, looks like a new one every 4 years. About that time again buddy. Another Volvo?
    It almost looks like new cars I switch off and see how little Lucas is on the first picture
    Now we see Slo, the economy in the world is a little unstable right now, we must hope it will be better and Volvo at all survive
    ...but I have a dream of the new S60...when it comes.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    Yeah eD77, Volvo in GTL...link for download???
    should be R-Factor
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0

Default Im kicking myself for selling the little 2002 bmw:(

However, a week after moveing to Portland Oregon, I found this one owner 2003 V.W. Jetta with 67k on the clicker. I was able 2 buy the car for 4000.00 @ the the Portland Auto action LOL the first thing I did is put a set of H&R spring on the car which dropped it 2/12 inches all the way around LOL its a lowrider wagon Ill soon end up putting wheels and tires on it but for now Im putting that extra $$$$$$ into the RS AMERICA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default My rides :)

Was looking around at some old posts and saw this one. Some very cool rides people

Here are my current cars. I've had them all forever it seems. So a big change will be in order very soon. I had the 97 Nissan Maxima since 1999 and has over 200,000 miles. It has some minor mods that just make it drive better overall. Bilstein Struts, Steve Millan sway bars, stock size cross drilled brembo rotors with a larger caliper kit, braided stainless steel brake lines. The Volkswagen Scirocco was my Dad's car which he bought new in 1983. It use to have an Kamei X1 body kit and was a limited production of 500 known as a California Special. The Capri is a 1976 Chastain S/3 model which was sold in various California dealerships. I've own it since 1994 after replacing my first Capri I had for 5 years which was a LeCat white edition was totaled out sitting in a parking lot. With me in it too.. another time for that story...It has a 2.8L V-6 with minor head work and big valves, Schneider solid cam, TRW gear drive, Offenhauser intake,Holly 390 cfm 4 barrel, Mallory Dual Point ign., Headers going into 2 inch dual exhaust with Flowmaster 2 camber mufflers. Dobi Lowering springs and sway bars, KYB shocks, a custom 8 inch rear diff with shelby type 2 link traction bars and 4:11 gear posi unit. That's my Dog Lucy in the Scirocco!

Last edited by Navin R Johnson; 23-06-09 at 08:44.

nice ones

i hate these big ami bumpers from 70s and 80s. on 4th pic the scirocco looks like a delorean
    the capri could do with wider tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    nice ones

i hate these big ami bumpers from 70s and 80s. on 4th pic the scirocco looks like a delorean
    the capri could do with wider tyres.
    Those horrible bumpers were mandated in the 70's to meet a 5 mph bumper test. They weight over 60 lbs!!!, but the good thing is the outside plastic/rubber skin can come off and then you can go crazy(which I did) with a plasma torch and remove a lot of the weight. The front weight is now under 10 lbs and the rear around 25 lbs. I figured if I got hit from the rear I better have some sort of a real bumper to try and save the rest of the car for it. Plus it helps the weight distribution With stock bumpers it literally kills the handling too with all that high polarity weight. Hanging so far out on both ends. Awful.. And yes the car needs wider wheel and tires. These are either just for selling the car..Yes I said it.. Or a stop gap until I get something good for it like some 15' Panasports. I use to run 13' wheels that were wide enough, but I can't get 235/50/13 tires anymore Not D.O.T. tires anyway. The wheels on the car now were left over from my first Capri. Being I'm planning on selling the car I didn't feel like dropping another 2-3K on the proper wheel and tires that I would never get back on a sale.

And if I had a dime everytime someone said that Scirocco looks like a Delorean I'd be a rich man.
    All I can say is I've never had so much fun with a car that has almost no horsepower. It's amazing. MK I VW's kick ass!! It's a blast to be able to blow away a lot of so called sports cars on cloverleaf on/off-ramps with this little car. They fly right by once on a straight, but the damage to their ego was already done

Old wheels.

Last edited by Navin R Johnson; 24-06-09 at 00:59.

NRJ: WOW...beautiful cars ...& If I had money for the wonderful Capri...you should pack it in & send it to Denmark
    I have never seen this style before, but with wider wheels will look perfect & maybe 17'.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

1. & 2.
    my old italian racing bike from the 70s
    the reason why it's dead
    new italian racing frame "Cinelli Pro Advantage" from late 80s/ early 90s
    5. & 6.
    rebuilded bike, my new love
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a bummer of a crack on that frame Henry. Couldn't be in a worse spot for a fix. That spoke pattern on the wheels is wicked cool Digging the GTLDK colors on your rebuilt bike too. Here's some pics of my bike I recently acquired this from a neighbor who was selling as punishment for his misbehaving teenager for only $100 bucks!! I had to grab it for that price. It's a out of production Schwinn Orange County Choppers edition. You know, Paul Sr. and Paul Jr.'s Discovery Channel's American Chopper TV show. It's interesting to ride with the tall ape hanger handle bars. Actually very comfortable. It heavy as hell though so it's not fun for anything than short rides. Will be fun to have down the road though. Most of these will get thrashed by the kiddies so it might be worth something in a few years.