Default Champion Motorsports PnG Fun Series (US time zone)

Let me know if this is in the right forum, or if posting races from other leagues is discouraged...

Champion Motorsports is hosting a PnG fun series starting 3/1. Here are the details

Date/Tracks
    March 1st - Round 1 Mosport 1977
    March 8th - Round 2 Riverside 1970
    March 22nd - Round 3 Ostereichring 1979

Times
    Practice 120 minutes will start at 8pm EST/ 7pm EST. (note: attending this practice time is voluntary)
    Qualifying Will start at 10pm EST / 9pm CST (15 minutes)
    Races will start at approximately 1020pm EST / 920pm CST and last 45 timed minutes each

Cars: As a fun series, CMS will be allowing drivers to choose from a wide variety of cars (Group 3 Touring Cars, Group 4, Group 6, and some of the 1970's bonus cars). If you'd like to run a different car each race that is fine too. You can certainly stick to a single car if you would prefer, but the choice is yours. Race results and recaps we will recogzine winners and high finishers from each class that is represented in the event.

CMS Forums: To race in the CMS Fun Race, you will need to register on the CMS forums. CMS does require the use of real names on the forum and in the races. I actually joined the CMS specifically for the fun races, and have been impressed by the community and the drivers there. When you register, you can mention you were referred by Phil E at No-Grip.
    http://780bradford.com/champion/forums/register.php

The forums are here. After registering, you will be able to see and post in the Fun Series section of the forums.
    http://780bradford.com/champion/forums/index.php

Please let me know if you have any questions!

About the CMS (from the website): CMS is a very active sim-racing community that offers two main options for simulation racing. The first is our Champion Fun Series which runs weekly on Sunday Nights. We use a variety of different simulations; including rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends, ARCA Sim Racing, NASCAR 2003, Live For Speed, and anything that looks interesting to our members. We will normally organize mini seasons that last between 6 and 10 weeks long in the fun series, and then when the season is completed we start up a new one. The Fun Series Races are just "that", purely for fun, laughs, and bragging rights. These events are an opportunity to run with friends (and make new ones) in a relaxed setting. You should not feel like you have to be a simulation racing expert to participate in these, nor should you practice and prepare for hours on end for the race. The whole idea is to come and have a good time. We have been doing the series for sometime now and it's really the foundation for how organized racing began here at the community. Anyone that registers a Forum Account on our website is welcome to participate in the fun series. It's that simple, simply sign-up on the forums, and introduce yourself in the Fun Series Section to get started and have fun!

The second simulation racing option we offer here at Champion Motorsports is our International Lemans Series league (ILMS). The series is built upon a private and custom built mod for rFactor that was developed by members of our community and team; "Carpe Noctem Design Group". ILMS is short for our Serie International Du Mans; which features 4 Classes of race cars based loosely on the International Lemans and American Lemans Series. The classes of cars include LM-P1, LM-P2, GT-1, and GT-2 and the mod includes 18 unique cars with physics. Our main division for ILMS races on Thursday Nights; and includes a detailed schedule and drivers points championship for both a GT Challenge Format and a 4-Class Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    Let me know if this is in the right forum, or if posting races from other leagues is discouraged...
    i think it's the right place, because the Fun Race Forum should be only for Races powered by GTLDK-Members.

the time is UTC-5, that means Quali starts at 3 o'clock(UTC/GMT) respectively 4 o'clock(CET/MEZ) in the morning.

but maybe it is a good chance for spman or crocko
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0

Yeah, that is why I specified "US Time Zone" in the title. Its not really a good time for the Europeans

You can count on me being there Phil E Those are perfect times for me on the west coast.

excellent Navin, let me know if you have any trouble getting set up with everything. I'm travelling internationally for the next 2 weeks so my replies might be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    excellent Navin, let me know if you have any trouble getting set up with everything. I'm travelling internationally for the next 2 weeks so my replies might be delayed.
    thats the old thread from 2009
    the 2010 one is there: http://www.gtlegends.dk/GTLDK/showthread.php?t=510
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0