Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the advice fellas. I will try taking it apart and clean everything first and see what happens. Fingers crossed. I'll let you guys know the results. Cheers

Default G25 still broken...now worse..

Well after taking it apart and checking everything out and cleaning what I could it now doesn't wok at all. When trying to set itself up by spinning back and forth it now just moves a little then stops... Plus the right led on the shifter is now flashing. I was very careful when taking it apart and putting it back together so I do know what the hell I did but it is now dead... I thought I might find some sort of optical or magnetic sensor that could be cleaned but found neither.. The only thing I noticed that wasn't right was the outer housing that holds the main steering shaft bearing has cracked a bit but didn't allow anything to be loose or otherwise so I don't think it had anything to do with my problem. I never slam my wheel left or right onto the stops so this had to happen when you first turn on your computer and it sets itself up. I always thought that it might just break itself by being so violent when doing this. Apparently it did.. Probably a good idea when starting up your own computer if you aren't going to be racing to disconnect it to extend it's life in this area. Well it looks like I'll be one of the first to get a G27 because there is no way I'll get another crap G25.. I got less than a year out of it.. Replacing the shifter just a couple of months ago. Kind of a joke when I got 8 solid years out of my first Logitech wheel with no problems other than a couple of return springs on the gas and brake peddle.

Pics for clicks..

Quote Originally Posted by Navin R Johnson View Post
    ... When trying to set itself up by spinning back and forth it now just moves a little then stops... Plus the right led on the shifter is now flashing...
    then it can't calibrate itself. the problem could be, that the cograil is sliped. it has to be 100% center with the wheel, else it couldn't calibrate itself.
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0

I thought I had gotten the rail perfectly centered, but I might be off by tooth or two. I'll try and set it dead center again and see what happens. Stay tuned thanks for the info Henry

Default Fuck n A

Im keeping me fingers crossed for ya bro. Man I hope it works out because ur the only Yank over her that worth a shit! Good luck bud.

Default WoW NRJ

You've screwed it completely apart, I would never get things together again
    We really crossing our fingers everything will be ok again
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I tried and tried again but the matter what I can't get the wheel to calibrate itself anymore. I have the rail perfectly centered and the result is always the same. Wheels moves a tiny bit then nothing. I even tried the rail off center on either side with the same results. All this might be a good thing anyways. I just checked my receipt from Amazon and I purchased it Oct.28 2008 so I should still be in warranty. I'm gonna give Logitech's service dept. a call tomorrow and see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin R Johnson View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I tried and tried again but the matter what I can't get the wheel to calibrate itself anymore. I have the rail perfectly centered and the result is always the same. Wheels moves a tiny bit then nothing. I even tried the rail off center on either side with the same results. All this might be a good thing anyways. I just checked my receipt from Amazon and I purchased it Oct.28 2008 so I should still be in warranty. I'm gonna give Logitech's service dept. a call tomorrow and see what I can do.
    but be carefull with the montage. make sure they won't notice, that you opened it. e.g. these broken plastic should be in the wheel. not an easy job.
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    but be carefull with the montage. make sure they won't notice, that you opened it. e.g. these broken plastic should be in the wheel. not an easy job.
    Oh yes, no talk of taking it apart and I wiped away any finger prints on the inside on the housing and put all the broken bits back inside the housing as well. I just got through with talking to a guy in the support dept. and they are going to be sending me a UPS label once they confirm my Amazon purchase date and once they get a confirm from UPS that it has been sent they will ship me out a new one. So hopefully I'll only be down from racing for a couple of weeks.