Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default GPL Install Help

*This guide is only if you already have the GPL CD*
    GPL XP/Vista/Win7/8/8.1 (Win10?) x32 & x64

New Installation of Grand Prix Legends:

1. GPL'CD in the drive, but stop the installation. (It does not work in XP/Vista/Win7)
    2. Download GPL Installer (71mb)
    3. Run 'gplinstallmax_0.97_UK' (as here where a UK CD)
    4. Remember your profile from a previous installation: Your_Name - copy to C:\ SIERRA\gpl\player
    5. If this is the first time you try GPL: Start GPL.exe, create your profile.
    6. Use the arrow & calibrate your steering wheel & pedals.
    7. The arrow again 'Graphics' & in 3D Accelerator: Direct3D7 - & set your screen Resolution (restart GPL)
    8. Press ...& you're ready to race.
    9. Widescreen: Download my own 'rastd3d7' unzip to GPL'folder & choose when GPL booted for the first time in the 'Options' 1440x900 - 1680x1050 - 1920x1080 & restart GPL.
    HDready 1280x720 & 1920x1080 FullHD be selected if it is Bang & Olufsen & probably other TV in 16/9 format...or try latest 'GPLrast v2.5'.
    Tested...& it works with NVIDIA GeForce.

Notice: Check your 'player'file in your 'players'folder (Your_Name) right click/Properties & remove checkmark in the 'Read only'.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 20-03-15 at 11:59.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default GPL Online: WinVROC / BW Patch / GEM+iGOR / 60fps / GPLRank

Important: If you are on a new installation of the GPL:
    Start 'GPL.exe' - Write your name and select a car. In Options configure your steering wheel, 3D Accelrator: Direct3D7
    Select a track & run a few laps...to be sure, save a setup.
    Close GPL & look for the 'Sierra/gpl/player' folder, here is now a new folder with 'Your_Name'. Here there should be a 'setups' folder with your saved setup.

WinVROC be used when to run GPL Online
    If you look at this Vroc picture you will discover 'Ping' it should preferably be kept below 100. If you join a server with ping over 100, would you risk disappearing & later pop up again. It will lead you maybe get a lap time of 10sec. It may sound funny...but your laptime is saved in your 'player.ini'. It will also lead you to stand on 'Track Record' & It will be on all those who are on the server. It will go very wrong if you later upload to GPLRank, if you have not removed your time.
    Max connections is 19 drivers - you will see the number '20', but the server takes 1 place.

1. Download WinVROC 2.1 & install.
    2. Find 'Riched20.dll v3.1' in Windows/system32 'folder or download, copy to VROC'folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\VROC\WinVROC)
    3. VrocIP can probably not find VROC, download & unzip instead attached to VROC'folder.
    4. Start WinVROC with 'Run as Administrator' & remote blocking of GPL & VROC.
    5. If Router teases open these ports: 6969 - 6971 & 32766 - 32786
    6. Still problems, no green servers in VROC? In Vista & Win7 disable UAC (User Account Control)

Don't start GPL...only WinVROC
    *In Vista & Windows 7: Vroc.exe - Right click - Compatibility - checkbox - Run this program as: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)*

Do not panic if you only see the Red servers, go to 'Options' in Vroc & refer back to where your SIERRA/gpl folder is located (picture) - Restart Vroc
    Red can also mean you simply missing the '-Track' or the server is full.
    Orange servers mean intensity last chance to join or server is about to be filled up to max.
    Blue server that requires you know the password.
    Green ready to race.
    If you still have trouble getting online with Vroc, I would recommend disable 'User Account Control' (UAC).

The Bandwidth Patch
    (Notice BW Patch are included in GPL Installer )
    Some servers require BW Patch, it can be somewhat complicated to get to work, but will usually options 5/3 to be good.
    Download from this post & read more in: bw_client.txt
    If it still does not work after you run BW patch, try to download this core.ini & put into the gpl folder - remember to backup your own.

A good idea is to register on GPLRank
    I would recommend your using correct name in GPL & the same name you use here at GTLDK in GPLRank, it will make things much easier if there is a league-up you want to join or at all to find a person at GPLRank.
    Once you are registered you are more than welcome to 'Search driver database' on my name...or see this Post.

On GPLRank:
    *You must have a lap time in the 11 original tracks before you pop up*
    Submit My Times - this is where you upload your data 'player' to GPLRank:
    C:\SIERRA\gpl\players\Your_Name\player
    Monster Rank is achieved by having a time with all 7 cars in the 11 original tracks...it took me 5 years to complete

Several servers start using 60fps patch:
    Install GEM+iGOR & download attachment from this post: 60fps Version 2

Notice: If you are registered on GTLRank (my banner below) does your nickname on GPLRank.
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 21-02-11 at 00:31.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default Grand Prix Legends Demo

Missing a GPL CD ?...but would like to try
    Download Grand Prix Legends Demo
    This demo contains only Watkins Glen, but is updated with a great deal from the original GPL CD.

If you are completely new to GPL & want to be really good...take one week out of the calendar & practice offline on Pro with Lotus at Monza. Lotus is the wildest of the 7 cars, but here you learn how important it is to change gears at 9.000rpm.
    Honda is more heavy...but maybe a better car to begin with, can tolerate 11.000rpm

Pic is in a Lotus 49
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 09-12-11 at 19:04.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default GPLshift+

GPLshift+ can be used in GPL for your G25/G27, ACT LAPS & Fanatec GT3 RS/Porsche 911 wheel
    Remember if you fall in love in a set from Fanatec, the price of the steering wheel is without pedals: 199.95EUR
    It is several years since I tested it on the G25 (worked fine) more I can't remember...so no more help from me

Edit: Finally a little time to try G27 in Grand Prix Legends on a Win 8.1 x64.
    To use the buttons on the steering wheel (instead of H-Shift) when using GPLshift+...change here in 'GPLshift.config'

[ Shifter Unit ]--------------------------------------------------------------
    Shifter_Model = NONE ;OPTIONS: AUTO #.RSW #.USB NONE ;EFFECT:

One thing that got me up in......when you start GPL & Calibrate. Everything seems to be working...but it will not save when finished.
    The problem was solved by going to: GPL/players/your_name & delete 'controls.config'...when you start GPL again, calibrate...& you have a new 'controls.config' who remember

Another thing I changed was here:

[ GPL AXES ]-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Share_All_16_AXES = 1 ;OPTIONS: 0 1 ;EFFECT:

...but still no light in the LED on the Steering Wheel
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 20-03-15 at 12:36.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default GPL Track Database

GPL Alternative Track Database
    ...here you can download more tracks than you ever dreamed of

Notice: You'll also find lots of track updates, but perhaps too heavy for the PC. This will cause you to become unstable in the online race & it will be difficult for others on the server to find you on the track.
    My tip is to try them for best result before you run online.
    You can also test online by pressing ALT + F
    Now you will see how many frame rates you have, 36 is best constantly.
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 20-02-11 at 06:51.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default Pribluda

Pribluda is with the GPL Installer - if I remember correctly, but maybe this is newer, v1.1.1.0
    Read more at link, but a great help to have Online
    ...& give good help which should be directed to the setup on your car.

I had some problems with the original Pribluda ini file, that information flowed together in screen resolution 1680x1050.
    You can try to download my fixed ini version that works in 'Car & F10 view'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 27-02-11 at 08:41.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default GPL No CD

This is only a patch which causes the GPL can be run without the CD in drive.
    It's no crack, because there are no key/code protection on the GPL CD

Unfortunately I have no French & U.S.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Holy Moly That's a lot of hoops to jump threw to get it working. I hope I can figure it out once I get my new G25 Would love to relive some good old racing Plus I need to find my copy of GPL to begin with. I'm pretty sure I know where it is.. I hope.. A certain box deep in the overhead storage in my garage. I've moved 2 times since the last time I played it so.... If it's not there I'll have to get one off eBay or something.. Thanks Pelle for all your work

Quote Originally Posted by R_Chamberlin View Post
    I cant even find a copy
    Download 'Demo' from Post #3
    ...or look in our Private Forum
    Edit: Oops Henry: coming soon
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Looky what I found

I can't wait to try it out again. Been probably 8 years or more since I last ran it.