Thread: Gt 5

Default Gt 5

http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo...review-videos/

Sony plans and PC version G-T5 that is shown on video impresses
    Last edited by SpMan; 17-01-10 at 14:40.

Gran Turismo 5
    I could not get the link to open but maybe it is just on my end.

I have never played the game myself. It does look like it has a nice assortment of cars.
    Pelle......... what does Lucas say about it?

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/857/857267p1.html
    "No expectations.... No disappointments"

hehe SpMan, there was a smilie inside the link...it is now fixed

Hi Slo'mo...Unfortunately we have no PS3, but Lucas has tried it.
    After Lucas opinion, the graphics quite ok - but had difficulty controlling the car with a joypad to be tilted by how much the car to turn. Lucas can not judge how close it is a Sim or NFS without his G25.

@Slo'Mo...now it must be time for a little music
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Hey Slo, I have Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and can tell you it's OK as far as a sim game, but definitely needs some more work to be a true sim game. The cars dynamics are decent but could be better. The front tires just don't seem to have enough grip at any anytime. Plus when driving the car sideways you lose too much momentum that seems to be a little too artificial. So the only way to get a good lap time is drive very clean without any sliding at all. I agree with Lucas about trying to drive with game pad. Very tricky. With G25 it's much better, but unlike PC games you can't adjust G25 as far as steering ratio,feedback strength,etc. The only thing you can adjust is the button settings. The main problem with the game is there are only 6 tracks to race. Like the games name suggests this is just a taste of the full game coming in late 2010?? http://www.vgreleases.com/ps3/ReleaseDate-25101.aspx The graphics are excellent and in replay mode they are truly epic. Photo realistic. As far as it becoming a PC game I wouldn't put too much stock in it being any better. I haven't found any console racing games converted to PC that work out very well. They almost always are frame rate hogs so you better have a fast computer and graphics card. For instance I have "Dirt" for PS3 and PC and I can't play in on my PC because it is too slow=old. That said, I do have a slug of a computer.

Navin, that's an excellent report my friend. I like reading your stuff. It's always interesting and very well written.
    Who ever told you about this site should get a finders fee.

Even if this is coming out for the PC I'll have to wait till all the reviews are in before I get it.
    Already have Race On in the "been there-done that" box.

@Slo'Mo...now it must be time for a little music
    @Pelle.. man all my "A" material was posted months ago. Have been working on "Who Do You Love", by George Thorogood but I found a different version by "Quicksilver Messenger Service" that has a sweet lead guitar dominating the song. George's version puts the emphases on the heavy rhythm cords. Anyway I'll post it over there.
    "No expectations.... No disappointments"