Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Den says Hello.

Default Den says Hello.

Hello.

Well, I was thinking for a while about joining here. I have most of 'our' sims from rFactor to iRacing but my heart lies with GTL. I am a member of most of the usual forums and mainly was at one in particular but have noticed as I stay addicted to GTL, many forums are losing interest in favour of newer stuff. This of course is expected and I thought I'd join here as it seems more "GTLcentric", haha.

Cars are my main addiction and sim racing is how I get my 'fix' as a few years my heart decided to have a misfire and since being 'retired' this is the only way to afford it anymore.

Let's see...what else? Well, I do some skinning and modding and stuff, again mostly GTL. I also like GTR2 but never quite get around to using it as much as I'd like. I have rFactor but am no fan as the feel to me at least is like the cars have wooden wheels driving on ice. So, yeah, mostly a GTL guy.

I also love GTA IV, Mafiia 2, Farm Simulator, Railworks, FSX, etc etc etc.....Haha. Steam must love me!!

Other stuff? Well, I live in Canada, dream of moving to the U.K. (where the cars are so much more interesting!!!), have 3 wee daughters, 10, 9 and 8 years of age.

I hope to hang out here more if you'd have me and anything else, feel free to ask.

Cheers.
    Den.
    Den's GTL Garage.
    Reporter: "So. What's it like to be Henry Ford II?"
    Henry Ford II: "I don't know. I've never been anyone else."

Historic Racing Director @ Simracing.org.uk Wiltshire Tony's Avatar

Hi Den. This isn't my site and I'm sure Pelle will be along to say hi soon.

I actually live across the way at UKGTL (www.simracing.org.uk) and we race GTL every Monday night. You will find an announcement for our next race here on this site.

Hope to see you on track real soon.

Long live GTL and real drivers

Cheers

Tony
    www.Simracing.org.uk

Not very busy here, eh? Or have I missed a general discussion area somewhere?

UKGTL looks interesting, I may have to find time to wander over there.

Going to finish my new 935 first. (IE: start it!!! Hah! Skin's done for Race07 version but need to build GTL version.)
    Den.
    Den's GTL Garage.

Hi Den

Calm before the storm ...yes, here is a bit quiet on GTLDK at this time until we get a new GTL league up and running.

During this time I work with GPL &'ve got a server up and running, maybe you should look a little in our Grand Prix Legends thread.

... & Yes, UKGTL have a really good series runs in this time you should join, you can tell me if you want to join our GTLDK Team in UKGTL
    Altbierbude Laptimes

I once tried a demo or something of GPL but could never get it to run on my PC. And I understand getting a copy (disc) is close to impossible these days. (Seems GTL is going that way too.....)

I tried the 67Classic rFactor version and loved it but I dislike rFactor itself and removed my install. (rFactor)

Maybe I'll see if I can find a copy of GPL that don't require a mortgage to pay for, heh, and check the section out. That reminds me, I haven't watched Grand Prix in a while...........
    Den.
    Den's GTL Garage.

Hi Den, Sorry I missed your first post, but let me also welcome you to GTLDK. The more the merrier Like Pelle has said we aren't running any championships at the moment but a lot of us take part in races at UKGTL and it would be great to see you show up for someCheers

uhh, missed this thread too

Thanks again for the welcome guys!!

And Pelle, your PM folder is full!!!!

And the 935 I been working on is finally done. Took me most of today as I been tired and fighting a cold and only been working a few minutes at a time.

Den.
    Den's GTL Garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Pelle, your PM folder is full!!!!
    Oops, sry ...fixed.

WoW, what a car, nice work
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Hi Den and welcome to GTLDK,sorry i havent responded i just moved 1300 miles from were i used to live and ive been having alot of net issues.Ya its a little quiet here but im putting togather a muscle car series,i just want to make sure before i release it that my net is fully stable and everything is equally matched with the cars and i have some time to test it with the .So hang loose and we will be running a new series soon And what a nice job on thne 935

Harley