Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Addicted GTLer

Question Caught on Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Szintai View Post
    :eek
    I looked at the replay. Carlos was taking shortcuts trying to keep up with Frank and Pelle. He went from 7th or 8th to 1st with this "cut" lol. Too bad because the race was going very well. Flash then took 1st place. I don't know what's wrong with Carlos, sometimes he plays clean sometimes he doesn't. Maybe it has to do with the moon. I have learned that by booting a wrecker with persistence sometimes leads to "reform" like the case of CJ who kept his promise to behave. On the other hand his friend (I think his name was Ukki) never kept it. Overtime, RRD has been a good place to play and will continue to be good as long as the wreckers learn about our zero tolerance for them, instantly.

PS: Slo was not there. It appears nobody proposed the "Kick" of Carlos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sol; 09-05-08 at 18:50. Reason: Pic

Big Thx Sol, I'm now on the godlist on RDD

I'll of course do my best to keep RDD free for wreckers, but it sets you in a difficult situation. We are many that knows each other really good where there won't accur any problems, but we most not forget that RDD is an amateur server, where new people to GTL joins. Therefore it's important not to set a newbie whos trying to do their best, as a wrecker

Addicted GTLer

Quote Originally Posted by Pelle_B View Post
    Big Thx Sol, I'm now on the godlist on RDD

I'll of course do my best to keep RDD free for wreckers, but it sets you in a difficult situation. We are many that knows each other really good where there won't accur any problems, but we most not forget that RDD is an amateur server, where new people to GTL joins. Therefore it's important not to set a newbie whos trying to do their best, as a wrecker
    True a new driver will make a lot of mistakes. Experienced drivers make them too but we should expect at least say a sorry. We should be patient, but the sooner a wrecker ( does wrecking on purpose) learns we don't tolerate that behavior the better and will either be respectful or go play somewhere else.
    An accident in turn 1 is probably a mistake but if you are taken out at full speed in last turn probably is not. Everybody wants to finish the race....

Help me with this, if it can be misunderstood???
    RDD is an amateur server
    I mean RDD server is setup to 'amateur' with 'Tyre Wear 2x'.

Yes Sol: This is of course easy to see if a new driver tries he's best or he just drives the wrong way around to make crashes...or like Carlos

I also want to know about this one, and I take Mucke some exemple:
    Every time he were in conflict with someone you just hear this: Asshole
    ...and you never hear 'Sry' from people like him.
    Can we 'kick' players with a bad tone too? I mean, to hear talk like this in a race, is simple awfull.
    Mucke, I think has understood not to come with these expressions, he didn't do this last time I was on the RDD server with him.

If he's been told to watch his mouth and continues to swear,well....... BAM...he's gone!

Crashes/wrecks...... like someone said, we can pretty much tell if the guy did it on purpose or it was an accident.
    I've had to smile here the last week or so. When some of us admins have had no patience with a guy, there has been another admin willing to chill the guy out. ( talk to him & tell him what he needs to do to race with us.) I really give us a high grade when it comes to patience and helpfulness.
    Some guys like CJ have improved so much I wish the kid would come back now.

I'm in there almost every morning (0300 here.... 1200 afternoon European time) so I see some people you guys don't. Their a pretty good group and I very seldom have to use.... "BAM".
    note; getting people to vote is like pulling teeth sometimes.

Tire wear x2.... yeah this could surprise some newbie who is wondering why his car is sliding off the track after 4 or 5laps. Hmmmm that didn't happen before he's thinking. But I like it because it gives us a different driving line and all because the tires are going out.
    (and that Cobra burns'em up damn fast too)

Everybody wants to finish the race....
    And here's my biggest complaint......
    Going to "/nextevent" while there are people still trying to finish the race.
    Many of you have seen me waiting for the winners at the finish line. I won't drive the last lap if I'm to far back to catch the next guy. Why?
    It's not that I'm that lazy , it's that I don't want to get mad if someone kills the race and moves to the next track before I finish. I've had it done to me many times.
    What does that say to the newbie?
    As long as the guy is making an honest effort to finish and not f'ing around like doing donuts let the dude finish. I mean no disrespect to anyone here. Just my thoughts.
    "No expectations.... No disappointments"

Addicted GTLer

Unhappy Hard Lessons

It's great too see drivers "get the message" quickly Pelle. Thanks to your presence and warnings disrespectful drivers will hopefully reform-and appreciate- your care ( be read Control of the server) very soon. Foul language has to be fought as hard as wrecking, I think, if our overall experience is to be a positive one. As Slo mentioned CJ, I remembered his erratic driving style and his Hotkey "Stupid///////////////////////////////////" or something to that effect. My suggestion to him was to change the hot key for a "sorry" key, but he never did. Being hopeless, after lots of automatic "kicks", I decided to let him drink of his own water and created a new driver, A112. This new driver was the Wrecker of Wreckers and boy did I have fun..... Players like CJ, Ukki, PlayerNameNeverUsed, Mano, etc. had a hard time with A112. Most of them never returned to RDD. CJ, however, not finding any better place to play, and after being banned in other servers decided to change, and he did. From that point on he drove clean- and got faster and faster to the point that it was fun to play with CJ. He got serious about GTL fun.

Again, for the sake of everybody's fun Adm. have to be tough. I see it as a responsability even if your ranking diminishes in popularity. A warning for bad driving or foul language will only be ignored until they found themselves in the lobby wondering what happened........

Slo taught me to check the drivers window to make sure everybody crossed the finish line before moving on to the next race but I have to admit I though he only wanted to see the checkered flag drop lol and say "Congratulations" before the end of the race. Great to have Slo onboard and he is absolutely right. Last Friendship race I was so far back I barely crossed the finish line when I found myself in the Lobby not having a chance to read the post race comments, etc. It made me think that is the back drivers that allow you to take a 1st, 2nd, or watever place you end up getting, and they too deserve to input their experience. To end my comment I want to say that It just have to be fun for everybody, therefore, Adm. must use their judment to make it so.....

Default I dont get it?

Monza today with Petty I mean wtf? Id post a replay but I dont know how. Can somebody plzzz do something about this guy? What is it going 2 take for u people 2 see? Im asking plzzzzz help. Trust me I know this is just a sim I get it!!!! However, Iv spent countless hours of seat time in real cars real tracks and I can tell you that this guy petty would be banned from most track in America. I dont know if anyone has the replay but trust me look for yourself. Its almost not fun anymore.
    Last edited by Robert; 18-05-08 at 00:39.

To post a replay:
    (C:\GTL\ReplayData) and......the Replay you want to upload here
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Default screw it

Can get it 2 upload. Just thought somebody had it

Robert, here is your Monza GP Replay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Altbierbude Laptimes