Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKGPL News

Tested my shape in a 30 laps race & got beaten up a lot of rust...but made a few minor errors.
    Had fuel for 36 laps but had 3 left after the race & I drove really hard. Getting up in 11.000rpm (Eagle 10.000rpm) without the engine exploded, incredibly fortunate & lucky.
    To see the replay Grand Prix Legends need to be installed, download & unpack to 'replay' folder in the GPL.
    Best lap time was set on lap 28: 1.27.39

Eagle Monza Setup I used is available here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Altbierbude Laptimes

server offline?

i'm in GTLDK chat now for instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    server offline?

i'm in GTLDK chat now for instructions
    I was in GTLDK chat room & the servers almost the entire afternoon - met course people back from GPL 40th, was run 4 years ago - but...I have moved the GTLDK server to iGor/Gem+. GTLDK chat room appear similar whether one is in Vroc or iGor. iGor can be booted in Vroc or Gem+ and can choose which lobby to join, but Vroc can not start Gem+...confused?
    In short, there are two lobbies with race servers, Vroc & iGor & what I think is best, Vroc...the good old, but UKGPL use iGor race lobby.

I hope we can meet, NRJ, SpMan, Sqter, Cos, Henry & more...let's try to set a date/time
    Last edited by Pelle_B; 27-02-11 at 22:23.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Russian Drunk Driver Cosworth_DFV's Avatar

Even though I did only one race with you Pelle and it didn't go well, I enjoyed it a lot. And of course I'd love to do some more races. But it takes lots of time and nerves to make GPL working online and to be honest I didn't bother recently. Just one look on that huge manual scares me and I always have a feeling that one wrong step will screw it all together. Maybe i will give it a try but I can't guarantee anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworth_DFV View Post
    Maybe i will give it a try but I can't guarantee anything right now.
    As I have said before, GPL is hard & it requires training untill you either find a correct setup or make your own setup for your own driving style.
    Many give up before they've even started, but when you get to the point where you can manage these wild cars it is an incredible feeling...but yes, no matter how many years I have driven GPL, I can still not provide guarantees, see how it went to my first two races in UKGPL.
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Russian Drunk Driver Cosworth_DFV's Avatar

Ok, first try for today and first big failure. I found big tutorial in russian GPL community how to install GPL.
    Step one - install demo - no problem
    Step two - install All in one patch - pop-up window telling me that many files are read only
    Step three - trying to play but I can't run game in D3D - 3\4 of the screen are black
    Step four - installing new D3D rasterisers - it tells me some dills are missing
    Step five - installing Patch 1,3 - unknown massage for fatal error so I couldn't install the patch
    Step six - Trying to install 1967 Sportcars mod - you are not using D3Dv2 or OGLv2 Rasterisers and you might have problems using all Mod options (WTF? look at step four!)
    Step seven - I installed mod but can't see it ingame and there's no separate exe for it
    Step eight - trying to delete this installation but there's no uninstall exe - cant even uninstall it properly

I will try to follow this Lets see how will it go

edit: nope, your guide didn't help either. So thats a goodbye to GPL. I don't want to spend my time on all this bullshit, I want just seat, play and enjoy. The end.
    Last edited by Cosworth_DFV; 28-02-11 at 18:08. Reason: editing

dont give up .. with who I'll be racing at the end of stake :P ??
    try instal GEM ....and over GEM start vroc .... He rebuilt some .exe Vroc files ..and Vroc works online that's how I do it

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworth_DFV View Post
    I will try to follow this Lets see how will it go.
    ...but before you follow 'this', visit our 'Private Forum'.
    Sqter/Henry/SpMan is already up and running, see how easy it is
    Altbierbude Laptimes

i'm installing the game on Helle's PC atm. can we run a server test tomorrow?

Great, name a time...in iGor or Vroc ?
    Altbierbude Laptimes