Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back from the dead..

Or close enough for me.. I got a very bad flu bug about 3 weeks ago which turned for the worse when passed out.. I came too and was able to call 911 and was rushed to the hospital.. I thought I was just severely dehydrated from the flu... It was not just that.. My blood pressure was so low they could barely get a reading and they could not draw any blood.. After getting some saline fluid into me they were able to get blood and realized that my kidneys and liver were shutting down.. After some more blood tests they said that most people with these numbers were already in a coma.. I was of course admitted to the hospital and they started trying many different methods to try and get my kidneys and liver back and running. Nothing was working and after several days the Doctor's started taking about dialysis for my kidneys and even a liver transplant.. I thought what the hell... I'm a healthy 40 year old who is not even much of a drinker.. How the hell did this happen? Then after 6 days in the hell hole of a hospital my blood numbers started showing good signs. After 8 days my kidneys and liver started functioning a bit and thank god kept getting better. They say my kidneys will heal fully after some time with a modified diet. Unfortunately my liver does have some damage that will require me never to drink alcohol again so here's one last one. Just so glad to be back with the living again as it got way too serious for awhile there.. I lost almost 30 lbs/13.7kg while in the hospital so I am very very weak and will take a long time to back to some sort of normal strength. I'm shaky just trying to type this out. Wont be racing for awhile but at least I will be someday.. Cheers fellas

Historic Racing Director @ Simracing.org.uk Wiltshire Tony's Avatar

Jeez mate that all sounds hellish! I wish you all the best for a continuing speedy recovery.
    www.Simracing.org.uk

Shocking reading, it really hurted me to read everything you've been through
    ...but it's great we have most of you back & hope the lost 13.7 kg comes back.
    I had a feeling something was very wrong, you told about your mother...but that you had to go through all this, I had not dreamed of.
    ...& no alcohol, now we will never get to share a bottle of Chivas...but beware, now you will perhaps like me, addicted to Coke

Now the big question, when will we see you Online?

Best wishes from me
    Altbierbude Laptimes

Russian Drunk Driver Cosworth_DFV's Avatar

Wish you fast recovery mate. That all sounds so weird, I still can't believe such could happen to you.
    We all waiting for your soon comeback

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    My best wishes.

We hope to see you back soon ... that would mean that all is OK.

man .. how could you bring yourself to that state ? you afraid of doctors ?
    it's good that you feel better now

for faster recovery, I recommend poultice of young breast

Holy shit! seems to be taken out of a scary movie plot mate. Just hope you to be fully recovered soon, can't wait to see you again on the track!

Take care bud!

Damn, Navin! Glad you are OK! What did they say caused this?

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas.. I really do appreciate it As far as why it got so bad there was really no reason they could figure it out.. Scary... At first they just assumed I was a heavy drinker.. It took me and my family a long time to convince them that I was not.. There is only one thing I can think of.. About 6 days after my moms back surgery she had to go back to the hospital with a very bad case of colitis and had to spend 5 days in the hospital. I visited her everyday and may have picked up some crazy virus.. And honestly I never had any kidney or liver pain.. So I had no idea what was going on.. It just felt like a bad flu and I figured it would run it's course. It only took 3 days to get to the passing out point.. Happened fast.. In the end it was a good thing that I did pass out because I may have never done anything about it and may have gone into a coma in bed. Can't even think about what would of happened next.. It was a eye opening experience that has changed me.. I will appreciate everything just a bit more.. If not a lot more... Life may suck sometimes but the alternative is unacceptable Thanks again boys

Well the doctors acted quickly & not as slow as in Denmark, think that they could take half a year to find out that all my pain came from a herniated neck & I still go & waiting to go to hospital & surgery
    Well you are fresh to write here in Forum, we were all very worried about what happened & we miss you online
    Altbierbude Laptimes