Default DOA Nissan Maxima

So I was planning on to finally to back on track with you fellas yesterday(Thursday) but I can't seem to get a break this year.. I bought this maxima new in 1997 and have taken great care of her over the years so she still looks and runs great. Garaged,Mobile 1 oil since new,etc. Car has 230,000 miles/370,000K on her. I was just telling Pelle last week that I was about to buy something newer and take her out of daily use and have a great back up car for years. All that is gone now because some dumb little girl in a stinking Civic slammed into the back of me yesterday. Car is in great shape, but because of the year and the mileage I'll probably be lucky to get $1500 for the salvage insurance. I was stopped at a light about 10 cars back when the girl switched lanes right into the back of me. At least I saw it coming so I was able to brace myself. My poor dog bounced from the back seat into the front seats and then back again.. She's fine though.
    So I sold my Capri awhile back and now this for the Maxima. So that makes me a full time Scirocco driver. Can't be many of those anywhere on earth

Before..

After

Cleanest 370,000K engine out there!!

Dumb Bitch...

Historic Racing Director @ Simracing.org.uk Wiltshire Tony's Avatar

This is totally unrelated to Navin's post.

It's a quiz question. First correct answer wins.

"You driving a car that you've never ever driven before, maybe a hire car or a loaner whilst your's is in the shop having work done. You notice that your low on fuel so you pull into the petrol station. You can't see the fuel flap in your driving mirrors. Without leaving the car, how do you know which side of the car is the fuel flap?".
    www.Simracing.org.uk

Sorry to hear that Navin.I have no-idea what it is with people down in southern U.S. but i think all the sun if affecting their brain cause the drivers down hear in southern Florida drive terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltshire Tony View Post
    This is totally unrelated to Navin's post.

It's a quiz question. First correct answer wins.

"You driving a car that you've never ever driven before, maybe a hire car or a loaner whilst your's is in the shop having work done. You notice that your low on fuel so you pull into the petrol station. You can't see the fuel flap in your driving mirrors. Without leaving the car, how do you know which side of the car is the fuel flap?".
    I know a lot of new cars have this to tell you.. Do they all now?

Historic Racing Director @ Simracing.org.uk Wiltshire Tony's Avatar

Hey that's cheating! but it is the right answer. Most cars in Europe just have a symbol somewhere on the fuel gauge which shows which side the flap is on. On my Nissan it's just a small orange triangle with the apex pointing to the right.

Check out your car and see if I'm right.
    www.Simracing.org.uk

Argh NRJ, I am sorry...what have we done since we have all these experiences. The car can be made ​​good again, but it will never be the same in one's soul

Fuel Door...hehe, Jytte laughed many times by me when we switched to V40 (left) & I was even more confused when we switched to S60 (right)
    Altbierbude Laptimes

There's Pelle!! I noticed you haven't been here in a week. Were you away for that shoulder surgery? Or a nice Holiday?
    And hey, yes it's it sucks for the Maxima because it wont be fixed. Value is somewhere around $4,500 and the cost to fix would be around $6-7K so the insurance will just total the car and I'll get the $4,500 for the car. The good news is I got the police report and the girlie girl that hit me admitted to being on the hand held cell phone and was cited for that and for being totally at fault. I also got a letter from her insurance company admitting to be at fault so at least that should go smooth. And best of all, if all goes well tomorrow I should have some new/used wheels What could it be?? Still in the Nissan family but with rear drive and 306 horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by Navin R Johnson View Post
    Still in the Nissan family but with rear drive and 306 horsepower