Default Where and how can I race GT Legends online?

I love this game, I've had it for a couple of years now and can't find any servers or leagues to race online. I'm sure as popular and as fun as GTL is, theres gotta be somewhere. Help! Thanks, Doug.

do you can join the lobby?

I tried to join the lobby, but its asking for the online serial number. I bought GTL online and have the ID, but my PC uses Windows 7, so I had to install it and use the starforce patch so I could use on Windows 7. When registering for online, should I type in the online serial number? Is that why I can't race online? Thanks, Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog47 View Post
    I tried to join the lobby, but its asking for the online serial number. I bought GTL online and have the ID, but my PC uses Windows 7, so I had to install it and use the starforce patch so I could use on Windows 7. When registering for online, should I type in the online serial number? Is that why I can't race online? Thanks, Doug
    starforce doesn't work with Win7. which patch do you use? or do you mean the crack, which removes starforce?

yes when you go to multiplayer >> internet then you have to type you online key

Yes, I learned the hard way back in January that Starforce and Windows 7 just don't like each other. I have my PC patched with the starforce one, the all car and tracks, and no dvd ones. And I have installed the lobby fix patch. I just need to know if I must now type in the online key code. I don't want to do the wrong thing and mess up the installation of GTL, if you know what I mean. Thanks, Doug

yes online key. but the lobby fix isn't longer necessary. the guys from Altbierbude bought the IP few weeks ago, so the community lobby is under the old original IP adresse.

Oh thank you very much! What is the IP?

I finally made it online last night! What a blast! not a lot of folks racing, but still, it was fun. I have a couple of issues though. One, whenever I tried to enter some rooms that had guys in them, I kept getting errors that said track not installed. It was tracks that came with the game. Tracks such as, Imola, Zolder, etc. I did have to download Monza junior, but it said the same message. I could enter it with one guy and when I created a room, but not with others. Any suggestions? By the way, I have rFactor with the Historic GT & Touring Car mod, which of course is an exact clone of GTL, I may never play that mod again after last night!! Thanks, for all your help guys. Doug

Historic Racing Director @ Simracing.org.uk Wiltshire Tony's Avatar

Hi Bulldog. The problem with the tracks is this. GTL has loads of add-on tracks, I mean loads. The GTL lobby doesn't know all of the add-on tracks so when it is presented with a track name it doesn't recognise it shows one of the standard track names instead. That's why you will sometimes see six leagues using Hockenheim. There actually all using different third party tracks. Hope that helps and welcome to the utterly addictive world of GTL.

BTW I live here http://www.simracing.org.uk/ but I come here all the time for all the good stuff that goes on. They even threaten to hold a real GTL series one day

I usually post details of my fortnightly series here http://www.gt-legends.dk/GTLDK/showt...KGTL-Season-11

Cheers

Tony
    www.Simracing.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog47 View Post
    ...What is the IP?

the IP is an "internet protokoll" adresse. looks like this: 130.094.122.195
    every IP is unique and you can find/identify server or clients with it. its the same like with adresses and buildings in reallife