Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Well that sucked lol! I didn't practice for this race only had 30 minutes of practice under my belt so I was very surprised to see everyone so far off pace in qualifying. Took it really really safe in the first few laps running 2 seconds slower than I could have gone. Not pushing at all and being careful. Unfortunately I made the mistake of looking up at the pitboard and missed my braking point. I was going to go straight into ste devote by then I remembered I would get stuck in there so I tried to make it but I didn't and crashed into the barrier. I think If I commited earlier to try to just turn into Ste devote I would have made it safely. Oh well my own dumb mistake for not paying attention! Thought it was going to put a new wheel on me as XD still showed green on the wheel but exited pits with three wheels and that was it for me. Congrats to the finishers!

Big thanks to Henry for organizing this fun league. Cleanest group of racers I've raced with ever. Not one driver wasn't racing clean. Great job guys! Made this league fun. Looking forward to racing with everyone in the late season cars.

started slowly to find my rythm before speed. after three laps i felt comfortable and catched the back of the grid, but then greg had a massive lag and his car blocked the road. tried to avoid a contact, but a small touch was enough to destroy my engine

well the question is, should we draw a line under this difficult mod and switch back to our lovely 60s/70s TC/GTCs?
    seems my old concern were right, too mutch for us part time drivers.
    Dynamo Dresden vs. Manchester City 0:0; Dynamo Dresden vs. West Ham United 3:0

I'm only here because of the mod so I really hope you decide to continue to use this mod. Had a blast driving these cars and I'm really itching to drive some more. Maybe the lack of drivers was because of 2 hours of monaco but I personally thought it was a great challenge even if my race ended prematurely.

I didn't find the cars too difficult to drive. Most of the cars that were a handful were the group 3 cars and maybe a few group 2 cars like the alfa romeo powered cars and renault. I did a few laps in some of the other cars after my race ended and I found the group 2 and 1 cars to be very easy to drive with the exceptions noted above. The tyrell has the backend wanting to step out nature as well but not as bad as the group 3 cars. And altho I haven't tested all cars, I think the late season arrows is the worst handling car out of the box in the mod.

Perhaps if a driver doesn't show up 2-3 races in a row his car should be cleared so maybe new drivers, who might be put off by racing the more difficult group 3 cars that are left, can have a go at the easier to drive group 1/2 cars.
    Last edited by Kamran; 28-08-11 at 19:54.

Monaco 1979 - Result + REPLAY

grats herwop & eiran

also grats to herwop, hans and kamran for the championship podium.

ranking updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    well the question is, should we draw a line under this difficult mod and switch back to our lovely 60s/70s TC/GTCs?
    seems my old concern were right, too much for us part time drivers.
    Personally, i feel ready for the late season. Has been very disappointing to me not even to end a single race, but now i'm quite confident i can achieve it.

As for the race, what can i say?, Monaco, the unforgiving track. I was happy with my quali time, i had a decent race pace, and thought this time i would cross the finish line. But you need to focus 100% on the driving, forget about XD! or pitboard. I had a first warning when i hit the wall and broke suspension, fortunately i could reach the pitlane and repair the car, but the next one was fatal, i lost one rear wheel, rear wing and engine died on contact with the wall... a hat-trick!!

Congrats to winners of the Championship!

Russian Drunk Driver Cosworth_DFV's Avatar

I always like to race at Monaco, but not in these cars. Somehow I don't quite understand how to drive them so I can't rely on the car. Usually if I do a mistake I see what I've done wrong but this particular mod is just a mystery for me - I spun like a thousand times without any warning and I can't work out what I did wrong. Not sure if I will do late season.

Yes I am looking forward to doing the Late Season. I love these cars a lot. Maybe the difficult tracks should be shorter races? Monaco would have been just as meaningful as a 33 lap race in my opinion. 20 laps at Jarama would have still been awesome.

Altho I liked the challenge of 2 hours of monaco I wouldn't mind just seeing all races being 1 hour races. The 79 Glen has a pretty nasty chicane in between turn 2 and 3 that in my opinion is worse than monaco and may cause more grief. I remember doing a race in rfactor's Nippon mod with 100% damage and out of like 12-13 cars only 1 guy finished the race. And even the guy who finished that race had to pit for repairs...he just got lucky it didn't end his race completely.

I think 20 laps of jarama would have been way too little to enjoy. I like the current 1 hour formats.

herwop report:

ok then lets go on. i deleted all drivers who didn't run the 3 last races, so if somebody wants to join or change his car...
    also i changed the weight penalties:
    8.) Weight Penalties are depending on your current Drivers Championship position and which car do you drive:
    Group1:
    1: 100kg
    2: 60kg
    3: 40kg
    4: 20kg
    5: 10kg
    Group2:
    1: 60kg
    2: 40kg
    3: 20kg
    4: 10kg
    Group3:
    1: 40kg
    2: 20kg
    3: 10kg

I'd like to switch to the #7 Mclaren, thanks.