Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    german drunk driver

Default who never dreamed to be god ?

I read a thread - but i c´ant find it any more, that the number of gods are limited. Why is it impossible to create 2 or 3 files with the godlists each list for a certain daytime. This afternoon the server was full - not 1 wrecker - all good and fair drivers and impossible to switch to the next event. We made 3 times Imola (my worst track) and then it worked. Maybe there were language problems - i don´t know.

In the evening there is no problem - i´ve never seen a full server without god.

I would like to be a "afternoon-god"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addicted GTLer

Default gods needed

Yes Gotz we talked about this issue not long ago. Steve suggested posting his usual times at the server if it could help with around the clock set up of the gods. Not a bad idea. One possible solution to the problem could be leaving one or two "floating" gods ( temporary) until we figure the cycle is complete. At the moment Jan Nizzi is absent due to health issues and in his place I added Frank Szina who is also absent for about three weeks due to work but they will be back soon, and indeed the maximun number is 10. From the beginning of the Listener the gods in the list are: Rennsemmel, Slo, Denis,robert, Steve and myself. Also, on and off Macdonalds, JB, Jan, Cosworth, Eduardo, Jacko, Frank, Pelle, Mike32, Iceman and Ed77 and a few others I don't remember right now.

Perhaps we should appoint gods as we go since the "regular" gods can be reappointed any time, as long as the new gods don't replace quickly the old ones as we have seen. It is a problem to replace a driver you know is a regular ( not a weekend player) that have worked hard at keeping the server clean for almost one year. RDD is today a good place to play due to their hard work.

I propose the following for all drivers to consider and feedback at this forum:

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server.....

Addicted GTLer

Default New god

Ok Gotz. Slo has graciously offered his spot on the list due to shifting playing times. The only thing I ask is that you write your name with the O like above, so we can proceed.

german drunk driver

Sol, i understand and i will change my name in Gotz-von-Berlichingen. My usual time on the server is beetween 16:00 and 21:00 German Time. (= GMT+1:00h). Maybe earlier at the weekend. Depends if somebody is playing and after 3-4 races i leave. I am not a fanatic player but regular every day about 1h.

Ok Gotz. Slo has graciously offered his spot on the list due to shifting playing times. The only thing I ask is that you write your name with the O like above, so we can proceed
    thanks Slo,

I know "the listener" and the command list

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server
    but I can´t imagine how this will work. You certainly will have some instructions ?

I speak better french then english, yesterday we had a french driver (mimi...?), Robert advertised him, after my translation he understood to brake earlier and to take care and it was okay.

thanks for your time, it is a pleasure to play on the server.

@Gotz... your welcome my friend. I don't game much in the summer and certainly not everyday. You'll do good buddy
    "No expectations.... No disappointments"

german drunk driver

Default @ slo... and Sol

@ slo... : I´ll try my very best.

I propose the following for all drivers to consider and feedback at this forum:

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server..
    this would be perfect, yesterday evening the same as last saturday, full server, no god, a lot of good drivers (cosworth..., iceman, i don´t remenber all) 2 bad drivers, but no problem after some advertising.

But i can´t imagine how this will work. For example if i would have been god yesterday evening and i leave the game knowing that cosworth will stay i can add a server´s god (cosworth) with the \GRANTGOD [] command. But the list ist limited to 10 gods so i must remove another god.

Must be a temporary godlist, which will be deleted after each restart of the server. After the restart the "normal " godlist with the "untouchables" is active again ?

I changed my name in "Gotz-von-Berlichingen"

Addicted GTLer

Hi Gotz. I will add your name to the list now. Let me know if you have any problems with the commands. Welcome!

PS The proposal to leave one floating god will remain in stand by as the idea lacks support. See ya at the races.
    Sol

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment, and the removed god is not to take it personally, even if it was one of the "untouchables" mentioned above. All for the sake of the server..
    we can try this resolution and look if it works. so we need a list of "temporary" members so it is clear who can be deleted from list for a new god without taking it personally. better is if we know the fixed gods who should stay gods.
    there´re a lot of fair and good drivers on rdd who can became gods for a clean race, so myself it is not necessary to see my name in the list as there is a god at all...

regards

german drunk driver

Thanks Sol, i´ve seen this evening that i´m on the list.

german drunk driver

there´re a lot of fair and good drivers on rdd who can became gods for a clean race, so myself it is not necessary to see my name in the list as there is a god at all...
    I think this is the most important, to have a god on the server when its racing time.

Whenever a god is about to leave a FULL server and no other god is present, he must appoint a new god of his trust, even if a temporary appointment,
    We should try this, all ex-gods (or temporary gods of the list above) should know the command-list. All players with experience on RDD know the important commands.